Health is wealth, that’s what they always say. And indeed, there’s nothing more important than one’s health. With all the health and fitness advices out there, sometimes, we get confused which is which. If we’re not careful, following someone else’s advice can even lead to peril rather than fitness. So, what is special with women’s health and fitness compared to men’s?
Women’s Health and Fitness 101
Metabolism for women is generally slower than that of men’s. Although this fact is not always true, it gives meaning to why it’s harder for women to stay fit.
- Women have the tendency to have poor blood circulation compared to men because of slower metabolism. This is usually expressed by the cold hands and feet in all kinds of seasons for the ladies.
- Because of their monthly period, women have a totally different hormonal structure with that of men. This usually is the cause of their phenomenal mood swings.
- With the given facts above, obviously women differ with men when they deal with stress, some of which can even lead to eating disorders.
How to Improve Women’s Health and Fitness
- Increase one’s metabolism by exercising. Examples are jogging or power walking or a combination of both. Not only does it burn calories faster but it also improves blood circulation.
- Because of slow metabolism, women are recommended to have a high fiber diet. A daily dose of fruits and vegetables are in order to keep one fit and healthy.
- One measure of women’s health and fitness is the amount of fluids they take. It is advised to take at least two liters of water and other liquids per day. But this does not include coffee or tea as they contain caffeine.
With regular check ups, women’s health and fitness can be monitored, if not further maintained. Make sure you keep up with your doctor and never skip a visit even if you think there’s nothing wrong. As they always say, prevention is better than cure.
On those Fitness Tips
Women’s health and fitness cannot be generalized. What works for another woman may not work for you so don’t just go on following anybody’s advice. Make sure you consult a professional.